Happy Thanksgiving! I got to Mom and Pop Spatula's in one piece after a marathon drive of 10+hours...for a normally 6 1/2 hour drive. But, seeing as how it's Thanksgiving and I'm supposed to be filled with holiday cheer, I'll have to tell you about it another day. Molly the Satanic Dog and I are watching the Macy's Parade and drinking Diet Coke (well, she's drinking water) and later this afternoon Grandpa and Uncle Spatula are coming over for the big feast. So, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, here's a few things I'm thankful for this year:
1. Having M. as a friend who loves and supports me no matter what I do, or how stupid it is (thinking about the decision to go to law school here).
2. Having such wonderful parents who are smart, healthy, funny, loving, supportive, creative and filled with joy and try to always help me to be the person they know I have the potential to be.
3. Making such fabulous friends at law school who seem to always pop up just when I need someone to talk to or a shoulder to cry on or a ride home when I'm sick or cupcakes when I'm studying.
4. Having had the opportunity to travel the world and experience different places and cultures so that I can truly understand that no matter how much I appreciate other places, there's no place like home.
5. Having a fish that has lived longer than two weeks and provides a constant source of entertainment for me and doesn't mind listening to me complain about my day every morning as I get ready. (Do fish have ears? --ed.)
Anyway, don't forget to tell whoever is cooking your Thanksgiving meal THANK YOU for working all day just to watch everyone eat in about 20 minutes, and enjoy your holiday!