OK, been a little busy the last couple days but thought I ought to drop in for a little visit and update everyone on what's up.
1. Beefy McManstick Badass Spatula is still alive. Barely. Last night I came home and he was kind of bobbing along at the top of the tank and I really thought he was dead. But, after I hit the side of the tank like nineteen times he started swimming around. Perhaps he's just lacking motivation. I'm going to buy him a toy for the tank so he won't get bored. Problem solved. Unless he dies.
2. Yesterday in Family Law we read a case about the statutory requirement for separation before a divorce is granted (something I know a little bit about, coincidentally) and the man in the case wanted to separate from his wife, but she was disabled, so he felt guilty. So, he moved into his van in their front yard. So, this girl in our class is reading her holding to the class, and she goes..."blah blah blah, when he lives in a van...." And I totally lost it, because in my mind is Chris Farley going "DOWN BY THE RIVER." I laughed so hard I was crying. Sadly, since it's law school, only about 1/3 of the class got it I think...but it was damn funny.
3. I owe a shout out to our Career Services Office for making sure that I didn't get a single non-firm job announcement, EVER, and for not letting me know that almost all the government jobs I'm even remotely interested in have deadlines for application next week. Thanks guys. Just think, if you keep up this level of service you could surpass Financial Aid in pure evil-ness by the end of the school year.
4. I love International Legal Processes so much, I can't even tell you. It is the first (and only) class in all of law school that I haven't pretty much hated or just had no real feelings about either way. I've had classes where I like them because I liked the professor, but this class has a good prof AND it's awesome. Yay.
5. After school today I'm going to a German bar where I am going to drink German beer and get very drunk. It's the bright spot of my week.