Today the following fantastic things happened to me:
1. I got parked in at 7-11. By the way, if you have an EFFING GEO METRO perhaps you don't want to challenge my gigantic Mercury Sable that has been in like 20 accidents so I couldn't care less if I run you down and add one more dent. The most dangerous person is one who has nothing to lose...so watch it.
2. I feel down walking into work (Ed. note...while I do actually occassionally "feel down," in this instance I actually "fell down."). Thank GOD no one saw me. And also thank GOD that I saved the Super Big Gulp from hitting the ground. As my friend pointed out, it is very telling that I messed up my brand new pants, got two skinned knees, but threw myself under my Diet Coke to ensure it didn't get messed up.
3. My button popped off my pants.
4. My high heel got stuck in a crack on the sidewalk and I almost fell down AGAIN! Once again, it was very dignified, and I'm sure no one noticed. Yeah.
5. I got yelled at by some lady I had to call for work because I wasn't doing a good job of telling her what I needed. I explained it was only my second week and she just yelled at me more. Hooker.
Despite all of this I billed over 7 hours today because I am a freaking rock star. I spent 4 hours reviewing like three years worth of this dude's medical records and making a chart of every single doctor's appointment and what happened at it, but my boss loved it so I guess it's OK that it took so long.
I am going to a Cinco de Mayo party tonight at the house of one of my favorite law school people, the guy that got the job that we were both up for a couple of months ago. I think it's going to be fun, and I fully intend to get into the spirit of Cinco de Mayo, which is, as far as I know, utter intoxication.
And oh yeah, I forgot to write about this. So, the other day on my second day of work, I fell out of my chair right in front of my boss. Like, I was sitting there and all of the sudden I just fell out on the floor and the chair fell over on top of me. She has brought it up several times, about how funny it was and how she went home and just couldn't imagine how it could have happened and thought I might be insane. Today we were talking about it again and telling the other partner, who was laughing hysterically, and then I told them about all my bad luck today. They said they're going to call me this weekend and make sure I'm still alive because I'm having such bad luck. I'm not sure "Bad Luck Girl" is the one you want working in your insurance adjustment office.
PS: I forgot to add #6, I had to unpack my new filing cabinet and I got a papercut but not PAPER, CARDBOARD! It's like the Grand Canyon of paper cuts...I probably need stiches or something.