That being said, here are two of my favorite quotes:
"Pets are God's way of saying 'Don't lower the bar because you're
"There is nothing worse than having no answer, in business, friendships, and especially romantic relationships. But the bad news is, no answer IS your answer. He may not have written you a good-bye note, but his silence is a deafening 'see you later.' The only reason to ever [contact] him again is to give him the chance to say it LOUDER, and WITH WORDS." (emphasis added)(God, I'm the dorkiest law student ever to even feel the need to add "emphasis added.")
There are also these little "Reminder Lists" at the end of each chapter that recap what you should have learned. I liked this particular one about calling because men saying they'll call and not calling is one of my HUGEST pet peeves. So, here's What You Should Have Learned About Men and Phones:
So, I don't know. It was a cute book and reaffirmed pretty much all the things I already know but never actually put into practice. They point out several times in the book that, of course, it's hard to just sit around hoping and waiting to meet the guy who is going to make the effort to be the person who you need him to be. The guy that calls when he says he will, the guy that thinks about you and your feelings and your needs, the guy that doesn't cheat, lie, call you names, or spend all the time on your first date staring over your shoulder at every girl who walks into the restaurant. Where the hell are these elusive and yet much-sought-after examples of male perfection?? The book seems to suggest that every man has the POTENTIAL to be "that guy" but that it takes the right woman to bring it out. Basically, the right woman is the full moon to every man's inner werewolf of love. Or whatever.
1. If he's not calling you, it's because you are not on his mind.
2. If he creates expectations for you, and then doesn't follow through on little things, he will do the same for big things. Be aware of this and realize that he's okay with disappointing you.
3. Don't be with someone who doesn't do what they say they're going to do.
4. "Busy" is another word for "asshole." "Asshole" is another word for the guy you're dating.
5. You deserve a fucking phone call.