Hey look...the 13 steps to success in Law School! I'm following them faithfully and hoping to complete all 13 "levels" before the end of this week...if not today. Affirmation, finally!
"So how do you know if you, a loved one, or someone who reports to you is suffering from burnout? Here are the early-warning signs. "
1. chronic fatigue - exhaustion, tiredness, a sense of being physically run down
2. anger at those making demands
3. self-criticism for putting up with the demands
4. cynicism, negativity, and irritability
5. a sense of being besieged
6. exploding easily at seemingly inconsequential things
7. frequent headaches and gastrointestinal disturbances
8. weight loss or gain
9. sleeplessness and depression
10. shortness of breath
12. feelings of helplessness
13. increased degree of risk taking